Aloe Vera Gels Malaysia
After soaking up in the sun while clumps of seaweed got washed up by the crystal clear water, I’m sure once you are back home or to your room, you will be digging your bag to grab the aloe vera gel – yes, to soothe your sunburn. From moisturising your skin, fighting those unwanted guests on the face (acne), locking your face in moisture, relieve itchiness to calm eczema and psoriasis, aloe-vera gel should be your companion as it does more wonders than what’s being stated.
Aloe vera has anti-inflammation properties, where absolutely it reduces inflammation and irritation, fight against bacteria and heals some skin issues by moisturising them.
Table of Contents:
What To Look For In Aloe Vera Gel
- Percentage: Get a gel that has at least 95% of aloe vera where 100% might seem impossible due to the additives unless you make your gel from a fresh plant.
- Shelf-life: The lesser the shelf life, the less the additives that have been used.
- Preservatives: As we are aware, most of the liquid-based products (skincare) contain preservatives to extend shelf life. Go for a safer preservative like potassium sorbate and ascorbic acid.
- Colour: Some products might have colour added to it. Keep in mind that aloe vera gel is always colourless.
- Fragrance: Avoid buying products with fragrance (if you not allergic to it, it’s fine then).
1. Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel (300ml)
2. Guardian Aloe Vera Gel (250ml)
3. Soothing Spell 100% Organic Aloe Vera Gel
4. Banana Boat Aloe Vera Gel (230g)
1. What is the best aloe vera gel?
All the gels listed above are some of the best gels in the market. Although they are the best, when it comes to skincare, tons of experimenting is required to see which suits and does wonders to your skin.
2. What is aloe vera gel good for?
Aloe vera gel has a bounty of benefits where it heals and promotes healthy skin, reduces acne and scarring, acts as a moisturising agent, etc.
3. Is aloe vera gel safe to be applied on the face?
Most of the aloe vera gel is safe for face application. However, if you are concerned, do apply it to the other parts of the body/skin and later on, try it on the face gradually.
4. How to know if the aloe vera gel is spoiled?
To avoid disappointments, make sure to check the expiration date before you purchase any gels. A change in its consistency can be seen, as the moisturising texture declines. The gel might no longer absorb into your skin as it once did.
5. Must you place the aloe vera gel in the refrigerator?
It is not a must to store it in the freezer or refrigerator, but if you do it can last for a very long time compared to those which are stored at room temperature.
6. Is aloe vera gel suitable for sensitive skin?
Some ingredients such as alcohol do give a drying effect on some of them. Therefore, go through the ingredients thoroughly and do a patch test first.