Aloe Vera Gels Malaysia
After soaking up in the sun while clumps of seaweed got washed up by the crystal clear water, I’m sure once you are back home or to your room, you will be digging your bag to grab the aloe vera gel – yes, to soothe your sunburn. From moisturising your skin, fighting those unwanted guests on the face (acne), locking your face in moisture, relieve itchiness to calm eczema and psoriasis, aloe-vera gel should be your companion as it does more wonders than what’s being stated.
Aloe vera has anti-inflammation properties, where absolutely it reduces inflammation and irritation, fight against bacteria and heals some skin issues by moisturising them.
Table of Contents:
What To Look For In Aloe Vera Gel
- Percentage: Get a gel that has at least 95% of aloe vera where 100% might seem impossible due to the additives unless you make your gel from a fresh plant.
- Shelf-life: The lesser the shelf life, the less the additives that have been used.
- Preservatives: As we are aware, most of the liquid-based products (skincare) contain preservatives to extend shelf life. Go for a safer preservative like potassium sorbate and ascorbic acid.
- Colour: Some products might have colour added to it. Keep in mind that aloe vera gel is always colourless.
- Fragrance: Avoid buying products with fragrance (if you not allergic to it, it’s fine then).
Stop undermining the purpose of aloe vera gel! We are here to inform you that you could switch to aloe vera for your daily skincare products because it could do more than soothing skin. Plus, it would be easier to carry around one product instead of multiple products in your bag. What could we use it for?
1. Makeup remover
2. Natural remedy for breakouts
3. Sleeping mask
4. Physical exfoliator
5. Helps crooked heels
6. Hand sanitiser
7. Hair mask
8. Soothing cream
9. Helps with cold sores
10. Shaving gel
Now, let’s find the right aloe vera gel for you! Worry not, we’ve listed down the best aloe vera gels that you could purchase.
1. Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel (300ml)
This Korean skincare is suitable for all skin types, proven effective for oily skin, and works well for sensitive skin! Apart from moisturizing your skin, Nature Republic’s aloe vera soothing gel also could be applied from head to toe in different ways such as for hair treatment, aftershave, hydrating nails, cooling your eyes, and moisturising lips.
Please be cautious of fake Nature Republic products that are also distributed in Malaysia and we have a tip for you to recognize the real product! The fake one has a lighter packaging design and the real product has shining watermarks on the top or you could purchase the product from an authorised seller to get a satisfying result for your skin.
- Has vitamins
- No paraben, mineral oil, artificial colours
- Quick absorption
- Calms redness and acne
- Reduces pore size
- Can be used as a moisturiser, makeup base
- Less hygienic
- Contains alcohol
- Has fragrance
- May cause skin tightening
2. Guardian Aloe Vera Gel (250ml)
Guardian as you know is a health care and beauty care chain store that has been very active in producing its skincare products, one of them is aloe vera gel! For those of you who are looking for an affordable option for aloe vera gel, this is the one for you. In addition, the product is 100% pure aloe vera without alcohol that could retain moisture. There are 3 simple steps on ways to apply aloe vera gel on your face:
- After washing your hands, use the fingertips to apply a small amount of the gel to the face
- Gently cleanse the face with the aloe vera using a circular motion
- Rinse with cool water and gently pat dry
- Enriched with anti-oxidant vitamin E
- Free from alcohol, colourant and fragrance.
- Not oily/greasy
- Fast absorbing
- Gives an instant cooling sensation
- Soothes sunburn and itch caused by dry skin.
3. Soothing Spell 100% Organic Aloe Vera Gel
This product is brought to you by Au Fairy, our local skincare fairy. Their aloe vera is stated as a super hydrator, skin-soothing, and instant refresher! Au Fairy is well-known for its environmentally friendly identity so you don’t have to worry about any harmful ingredients in their aloe vera gel.
Apart from being suitable for all skin types, this product could also be used by all ages. Some of their customers agreed that their aloe vera gel is worth buying as it works wonders for burnt skin which is due to sunray or even fire attacks.
- Contains safe ingredients
- USDA Certified Organic Farm Aloe Vera
- No bleaching & colouring
- No alcohol, no paraben, no mineral oil
- Gentle for skin
- Moisturises and soothes skin
- Relieves itchiness, calms redness
- Less hygienic
4. Banana Boat Aloe Vera Gel (230g)
Banana Boat brand is very popular among Malaysians as they have been our local’s choice since we were in high school. Their aloe vera product is well known for its cooling effect to reduce the redness and sunburn to avoid skin from peeling.
For those of you who want to use it as part of your skincare, don’t worry! They have two types of aloe vera gel, you could choose with SPF or without SPF. If you have combination, sensitive and acne-prone skin, this is a perfect aloe vera gel for you.
- Best gel for burns
- Gives immediate relief
- Has a cooling sensation
- Heals skin
- Has a nice smell
- Contains alcohol
- A little sticky
- May cause skin tightening
1. What is the best aloe vera gel?
All the gels listed above are some of the best gels in the market. Although they are the best, when it comes to skincare, tons of experimenting is required to see which suits and does wonders to your skin.
2. What is aloe vera gel good for?
Aloe vera gel has a bounty of benefits where it heals and promotes healthy skin, reduces acne and scarring, acts as a moisturising agent, etc.
3. Is aloe vera gel safe to be applied on the face?
Most of the aloe vera gel is safe for face application. However, if you are concerned, do apply it to the other parts of the body/skin and later on, try it on the face gradually.
4. How to know if the aloe vera gel is spoiled?
To avoid disappointments, make sure to check the expiration date before you purchase any gels. A change in its consistency can be seen, as the moisturising texture declines. The gel might no longer absorb into your skin as it once did.
5. Must you place the aloe vera gel in the refrigerator?
It is not a must to store it in the freezer or refrigerator, but if you do it can last for a very long time compared to those which are stored at room temperature.
6. Is aloe vera gel suitable for sensitive skin?
Some ingredients such as alcohol do give a drying effect on some of them. Therefore, go through the ingredients thoroughly and do a patch test first.