Best Cat Food Malaysia
Your furry babies deserve the best – and that includes what goes into their stomach too. Just like humans, what goes into their stomach is just as important. That is why it is important to choose only the best food for your cats.
There is a variety of food that cats enjoy but at the core, cats are meat eaters. If you follow a plant-based diet, you may want to skip that for your cats.
While fish seem to be cats’ favourite food in cartoons, it is best to feed them fish only once in a while. This is because fish contains high fatty acids which have adverse effects on their health. The everything in moderation rule applies to them too.
If you’re not sure which cat food to get, we at The Kind Helper rounded up some of the best cat food Malaysia options to help you decide!
Table of Contents:
1. Types of Cat Food
2. What To Look Out For Before Buying Cat Food
3. Best Cat Food Malaysia
Types of Cat Food
So what should you feed your cats? Well, you can feed them commercial cat food that comes in the form of wet food and dry food i.e kibbles.
Kibbles are usually the obvious choice due to their practicality. You can leave them out for your pets all day so they can eat them when they choose to. Kibbles can also help to maintain healthy gums and teeth.
Wet food on the other hand is usually well-loved by cats. They may contain meat such as lamb, chicken or a variety of fish.
They may even contain a mixture of meat such as lamb and fish, chicken and lamb and so forth. It is easier for cats to eat as they usually come in chunks or in jelly.
Cats with urinary disease or constipation will definitely benefit them as wet food is easier to digest and has a higher concentration of water.
What To Look Out For Before Buying Cat Food
You should lookout for a named protein source. Look out for ingredients such as chicken, lamb, salmon, trout, mackerel to name a few. They can also come in the form of the organs such as chicken liver, heart etc.
Next, check to see the carbohydrates in the ingredients. Cats essentially do not need carbohydrates in their diet. However, most food has carbohydrates in it to act as fillers and to bind the ingredients together. Your cats may have trouble digesting carbohydrates if they are present.
Look out for named fat sources too. Omega-3 is good for cats as they aid in giving them healthy skin and a shiny coat of fur. They also help to reduce inflammation and fight against cancer.
The addition of vitamins and minerals are also something to look out for so that your furry kids get the best out of their diet.
Best Cat Food Malaysia
1. Smart Heart Canned Food
Nutritional Composition: Crude Protein – min 10%, Crude Fat – min 2%, Crude Fibre – max 1%, Moisture – max 84%
- Shows percentages of ingredient in the product
- Has named protein ingredients such as tuna, quality sardines, salmon and so on
- Contains vitamins and minerals
- Has a high moisture level
- Comes in chunks, flakes and jelly
2. Kucinta Cat Canned Food
Nutritional Composition: Crude Protein: 14% Min, Crude Fat: 2% Min, Crude Fibre: 1% Max, Crude Ash: 5% Max
- A nutritious healthy diet for your cats
- Comes in a variety of flavours with named protein
- Has vitamin supplements such as vitamin A, D2, E, B1, B2, B6 and more.
- Has Omega 3, Zinc, Iron, magnesium and also taurine that is good for your cat’s heart
3. Cindy’s Recipe Favorite Can Wet
Nutritional Composition: Protein (min) – 13.0%, Fat (min) – 1.0%, Fiber (max) – 1.0%, Ash (max) – 1.0%, Moisture (max) – 83.0%
- Uses 100% human-grade tuna whole loin or fresh chicken
- Contains high dietary fibre which promotes a healthy digestive tract and reduce the formation of hairball
- Recipes are free of allergens such as gluten,soy, wheat and animal by-products to prevent allergic reactions in your cats
- Free from artificial preservatives and colouring
4. FUSSIE Cat Premium Wet Food
Nutritional Composition: Protein-Min 12%, Fat-Min 1%, Fiber-Max 1%, Ash-Max 1.5%, Taurine-Max 0.05%, Water-Max 84%
- Recipes with flavours that were approved by cats themselves
- Has a meat first philosophy and hence high meat concentration
- Low carbohydrates which is best for cats
- Has high water content in their food
5. Whiskas Cat Pouch Wet Food
Nutritional Composition: N/A
- Has a range of products according to your cat’s age
- Contains Omega 3 and Omega 6 for a shiny coat of fur
- Has high protein from real protein sources
- Also contains antioxidant (Vitamin E and selenium)
6. Snappy Tom Pouch Wet Food
Nutritional Composition: Crude Protein (Min.) 10.0%, Crude Fat (Min.) 2.0-3.0%, Crude Fibre (Max.) 1.0%, Salt (Max.) 1.0%
- Their products are suitable for both adults and kitten
- Uses responsibly sourced proteins such as dolphin-safe and do not use tuna collected in fish aggregating devices (FADs)
- Ensures that their products are safe and prepared in a human grade food production area
- Contains no added artificial flavors and preservatives
- Contains no corn, wheat or soy
7. Empire Cat Food
Nutritional Composition: Protein max-28%, Fat max-10%
- Has 67.3% of meat ingredients in their products
- Has a range of products thats are specifically for kittens, pregnant and nursing cats, cats with sterilised urinary diet and hairball control diet
- They are grain free and GMO free
- Uses fresh meat and has holistic nutrition
8. Royal Canin Cat Sensitivity Control Vet Care Dry
Nutritional Composition: Protein – 7.2%, Fat content – 6.5%, Crude ash – 1.5%, Crude fibers – 1%, Moisture – 80%, Essential fatty acids – 0.24%
- Has a range of products to suit specific dietary or health needs such as safety weight management, gastrointestinal, hematuria defection
- Has a range of products that is according to the cat breed
- Ingredients are obtained sustainably
- Adopted a nutrient-first approach and recipes that are adapted to support the cat’s age, health, sizes, lifestyles, breeds and sensitivities
- Uses ingredients from animal proteins, plant proteins and cereals, fibres and fats and oils
9. Freeze Dried Pet Treat High Protein
Nutritional Composition: N/A
- Made from 100% meat
- Grain-free and has no preservatives, additives or colorant
- Help to increase appetite and regulate digestive system
- Supports muscle growth as it is high in protein
- Gives your pets an extra nutritional boost
1. Which type of food is better?
There are pros to both wet and dry food. Dry food is more practical and is generally cheaper than wet food.
However, as are with humans, your cats may be bored of eating the same thing day in and day out. Give them a variety of food whether it be in flavours or in the types of food. It would be healthier for your cat’s stomach too.
2. How often should I feed my cat?
How often you should feed your cat really depends on your cat’s size, needs, health and lifestyle. As a general rule, be sure to feed your kittens food that is meant for kittens and adult cats food for adult cats.
Always offer food for them throughout the day. Whether your master (your cat) wants to feed, that is entirely up to them. However, the offer should always be there.