Travel Adapters Malaysia
Travelling – Pictures – Memories. What is a holiday without meaningful pictures of moments and sceneries right? I’m sure if you love clicking photographs wherever you go either to update your Instagram feed or as a remembrance, the utmost tool that you need is a camera or a phone. What if you are not able to charge your electronics when you are far away from home?
Therefore, a travel adapter is crucial for both local and overseas travel. There are many types of travel adapters and you should be wise in selecting the one that best suits your need. To ease your trouble in finding the best travel adapters Malaysia, we, at The Kind Helper have listed some of them.
Table of Contents:
How To Choose A Travel Adapter?
- Examine your device’s plug and count the number of prongs – Determine which devices you’ll be bringing and shop according to it.
- Go through the different plug types – The prominent to types of plugs are grounded and ungrounded. Every country might use a distinguished design of electrical outlets. Therefore, do some research before travelling to a country.
- Be sure on the usage of adapters – The adapters are only used to match the shape of a specific electrical outlet. If the country/region uses a higher/lower voltage, you should consider in getting a converter as charging electronics with different voltage brings harm to your device.
Top-rated Travel Adapters
1. 3 in 1 UK Travel Adapter Plug with USB
If you are a traditional person who prefers to plug in your charger to the socket, this travel adapter plug with USB is the best for you! It is designed with double ports that allow you to plug in two electrical devices at one time.
The best thing about charging your devices using a socket with a USB adapter is you could charge as many times as you like compared to a power bank that has limitations on device charging.
This adapter has surge protection with a smart LED input voltage indicator which protects your devices from harmful voltage surges and it accepts input currents from 110 to 250 volts that can work with varieties of electrical gear.
- Type : 3 pins
- Countries applicable: UK
2. Universal Travel Adapter 5A MAX 550W Fast Charge Smart IC chip International
This universal travel adapter is suitable for those who are always in hurry to go places! The main advantage of this adapter is its fast charging and you can charge up to 5 items at once. Also, don’t worry about the compatibility of it because the adapter is certified to work in more than 170 countries at voltage input from 100-250V.
This special adapter includes an intelligent Smart IC chip voltage converter which means you could charge your devices without worrying they are going to fry or explode. It is also compatible with almost all USB Devices for Apple devices, Samsung Galaxy, Sony, Nokia, HTC, LG, HUAWEI, ZTE, Bluetooth speaker and digital cameras.
- Watt: 240
- Type: 8 pins
- Countries applicable: 4 kinds of international plugs for the USA, EU, British and Australian. Suitable for more than 170 countries.
3. Aukey 3 Port USB Qualcomm Quick Charge Travel Charger PA-T14
Small and safe to bring everywhere! Aukey travel charger has multiple built-in safeguards that fully protect against over-current, overcharging and overheating.
This adapter could charge your devices to 80% in only 35 minutes. Apart from that, this adapter is suitable for all Apple, Android and other phone models!
Even though this adapter is a bit pricier than others, it could be used for a long time as it is carefully made and also, as long as you are buying the original one you don’t have to worry about the quality.
- Type : 3 pins
- Countries applicable: Ireland, Malta, Singapore, Bahrain, Sri Lanka, United Kingdom
4. 2.1A Output 2 USB Universal World Travel Adapter
Good news for travellers with kids! This universal travel adapter features open / lock switches and a child protection safety shutter that could protect your child from pocking into it.
For students who are studying outside the country and adults who travel a lot, this is what you need as it is perfect to use local and overseas. It’s a travel adapter that could be used for US, UK, AU and EU plug.
One of the useful features is it has a safety shutter to protect you from electric shock, this is especially for places that experience thunderstorms. This adapter is ideal for charging a USB device like a cell phone, tablet, power bank and others. Another of the perks that you would love about this adapter is it has a compact and lightweight design.
Type: Dual USB
Countries applicable: More than 130 countries
1. What is the difference between a travel adapter and a voltage converter?
A travel adapter is used to replace the electrical outlet to cater to your needs while a voltage converter regulates the amount of voltage that flows to your device. If you are still unsure of the outlets, do confirm with the hotels’ that you’ll be staying at.
2. Does apple products need a voltage converter?
Almost all products from Apple are dual voltage where a converter will not be needed.
3. Can I charge all my electronics using the same adapter?
Yes. You can charge your electronics/gadgets with just one adapter.
4. Why is it hard to remove my plug from my adapter?
The holes might be tight for the first few uses. Just try several types by plugging and unplugging it without connecting to the power supply.
5. Can the same country have multiple outlet types?
Yes. Some countries such as Denmark, Bangladesh, etc., have multiple outlets, therefore do consider getting a universal adapter.